Training in all areas of logistics
Gain accredited proof of ability and knowledge with Principal Skills.
Warehousing and Storage principles apply in a variety of sectors from retail right through to import and export in effect all areas of logistics. These qualifications do not only address the movement of goods but also health and safety, security and the maintenance of stock levels to ensure effective working practices.
Our qualifications offer an excellent choice of optional units, enabling individuals and employers to tailor learning to best reflect what their day-to-day job involves. Here at Principal Skills we provide interactive, practical training that is relevant to and fits within a professional framework, delivered by assessors who are fully experienced, highly qualified and have been carefully selected for their expertise, knowledge and empathy with the industry and its priorities.
Our Warehousing and Storage qualifications:
Level 3 Warehousing and Storage
Level 3 Warehousing and Storage is suitable for those in a warehousing and storage role who has some supervisory duties or is already in the role of a warehousing supervisor/team leader. It could also meet the needs of those identified for promotion within their organisation. Once achieved the progression routes include;
- Level 3 Certificate in Logistics Operations
- Level 3 Certificate in Traffic Office
- Level 3 Diploma in Commercial Moving
- Team Leading and Management.
Level 2 Warehousing and Storage
Level 2 Warehousing and Storage covers specific criteria developed to meet the skills needs of the industry. It provides individuals who have long term careers within warehousing with accredited proof of ability and knowledge while guiding and supporting those new to the industry to understand the requirements both functionally and legally to carry out their job role to expected high standards.
Some areas covered include:
- Health, Safety and Security at Work
- Develop Effective Working Relationships with Colleagues in Logistics Operations
- Pick Goods in Logistics Operations
- Wrap and Pack Goods in Logistics Operations
- Place Goods in Storage in Logistics Operations
- Process Orders
- Assemble Orders for Dispatch in Logistics Operations
Business Improvement Techniques Level 2
Anyone working in a busy growing environment can undertake this qualification. The Business Improvement Techniques qualification provides the learner with all of the skills in order to effectively monitor and make improvements to business processes. The learner will be assessed in the workplace and on completion of this qualification the learner will be well placed to work in a variety of business improvement roles in their chosen industry.
Some of the elements covered in this qualification include:
- Contribute to effective team working
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Contributing to the application of Six Sigma methodology to a project
- Contributing to the application of Six Sigma process mapping
- Contributing to the application of basic statistical analysis
Performance Manufacturing Operations Level 2
The Performing Manufacturing Operations qualification is aimed at any individuals working in manufacturing environment. It is particularly suitable for anyone who works or is wanting to work as an operator in a manufacturing business, including; QA Inspection, Goods In, Warehouse, CNC, Machinists, Assembly Operations, Fitting Operations.
It is estimated there is around $900 billion of waste in global manufacturing supply chains. Poor operational visibility prolongs manufacturing inefficiency and damages the bottom line. However, by training existing and new employees in a Level 2 PMO apprenticeship you can go a long way to identify where you are leaking revenue.